Each year, Eye Health Vision Centers strive to make a difference, not only by helping our patients but our community as a whole. The Eye Health Community Outreach program gives us the chance to show our involvement and committed support, especially to those in need. Our doctors and staff are devoted to giving back, whether it is through philanthropic events, donations, or playing an active role in the lives of our neighbors.
Employee Volunteer Program: The employee volunteer program was built on the Eye Health Vision Centers' tradition of caring and giving back to our community. Every year, our full-time employees are encouraged to take a day out of work and volunteer their time and talents at a charity of their choice. We believe in making a difference not only as a company but also by encouraging our staff to support a cause that is meaningful to them.
Some notable efforts made by the Eye Health team members include:
- Sporting Events Sponsorship: At Eye Health Vision Centers, we strongly believe in the well- being of the families in our community.
- Tour De Cure: In 2013 and 2014, we encouraged our employees to form a team of volunteers, friends, and families to participate and raise money as riders to help fight diabetes. We raised over $7,000. Today, we continue to support the efforts to make a difference in the lives of those living with diabetes.
- Holiday Benefits and Fundraisers: Some of the most popular events shared by the employees at Eye Health Vision Centers are the holiday fundraising drives. Each year throughout the months of November and December, special collections are held in all our offices to benefit local charities, such as The Neediest Families Fund, Dartmouth Friends of the Elderly, Massachusetts Community Food Banks, VFW Centers, and many other groups that assist the needy. Adopting families at Thanksgiving and Christmas is always especially popular among the staff. Over the years, the employees have come forward not only with generous monetary assistance but also donations of clothing, personal care items, and food products.
In the past, we were privileged to support the following organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- Buttonwood Park Zoological Society, Inc.
- Dartmouth American Legion
- Dartmouth Friends of the Elderly
- Dartmouth High School
- Dartmouth Lions
- Dartmouth Police Relief Association
- Dartmouth Youth Soccer Association
- Feast of the Blessed Sacrament
- March of Dimes
- New Bedford Jewish Convalescent Home
- New Bedford Voc-Tech Theatre Company
- New Bedford Whaling Museum
- Ronald McDonald House
- Taunton Girls Softball
- The Woman’s Center
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth